Guest Devotional-- Jen Allinder

I serve in the 1-2 year old room during the second service each Sunday. Do I do this because I enjoy wiping other children’s noses? Nope. Because I love holding screaming children while they are rubbing snot and tears on my new silk blouse, which now has to be dry-cleaned? Nope. Because I enjoy changing stinky and/or soggy diapers on children that aren’t my own? Nope. Then, WHY?

I serve in the kids’ ministry because I like children, and mainly because I know first-hand how a new parent in a new church feels. I know the prayers of visiting parents: safe environment, loving staff, appropriate curriculum, fun toys, and other happy kids. Answering those prayers enables the parents to concentrate on their own worship experience without worrying about their kids.

It amazes me each week to see the children in our class and how much they’ve grown. Kids who can’t yet talk much, know to “Pat the Bible” before we eat. We read Old McDonald and when we ask who made the animals, guess what? The answer is “God did.” They play their musical instruments and dance to the Lord, singing “If you’re happy and you know it.” At the end of our version, they shout AMEN! And after a few weeks in the class, I see the relief in the parents’ eyes when their child walks into our class and is excited when they are picked up. THESE are the reasons I serve.

Jesus said, "Let the little children come to me…” (Mathew 19:14). He tells us to have a special place for His children. We have that at CATB! Each age group learns about God in an age-appropriate setting.

I dare you to take a step of faith and help in the children’s ministry.
I love instant gratification and kids, therefore I choose to serve in the kids ministry at CATB. I also love the fact that I'm making an impact on children and introducing them to God's kingdom.

We are commanded “to serve the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul,” (Deuteronomy 10:12). Part of my service is in the kids’ ministry at CATB.

No comments: