Guest Devotional - Alexis Albright

Music is a love of mine. And every once in a while, a song hits me hard. Here’s a song that brings me to tears each time I hear it and gives me a glimpse into the day I will stand before my Maker:

There’s a peace I’ve come to know
Though my heart and flesh may fail
There’s an anchor for my soul
I can say “It is well”

Jesus has overcome
And the grave is overwhelmed
The victory is won
He is risen from the dead

And I will rise when He calls my name
No more sorrow, no more pain
I will rise on eagles’ wings
Before my God fall on my knees
And rise
I will rise

I know I will stand before Him. I am His child. But I long to hear, “Well done, my good and faithful servant.” For at that moment, I will rise! All the suffering – physical, emotional – gone. The way He allowed me to be used to reach others, even when it was unpopular or uncomfortable or even when I was rejected – all worth it because He is the One I lived my life for, the One I longed to please. And at that moment, “I will rise on eagles’ wings.”

Today, I know I serve a mighty God. But as I have life yet to live here on this Earth, I desire to seek His presence and His glory above all else and at any cost, because He still has work for me to be done here. And just as John the Baptist was on a mission to do great things for the sake of Jesus Christ, he kept one thing very clear – John 3:30 “He must become greater; I must become less.” It is my mission to do a work here on Earth that is all about reaching those who do not know Jesus as their Lord and Savior. I’m so thankful for the opportunity we all have with our new launch at CATB and within each of our own respective communities. An opportunity to do “Whatever it Takes!” while the song in my heart plays, “I Will Rise.”

No comments: