Guest Devotional - Claudia Lisotta

I grew up Catholic, always had faith and believed in God. However, it wasn’t until three years ago when Tony, now my husband who has always been there for me, invited me to go church. It was so different from what I was used to.

A couple of months go by and I began to learn how God works miracles. A verse that really made me want to learn more and understand what real faith means is when I read Luke 1:26-33. It says, “God sent the angel Gabriel to Nazareth, to a virgin named Mary. She was engaged to be married to a man named Joseph. Gabriel appeared to her and said, ‘Greetings, favored woman! The Lord is with you.’ Confused and disturbed, Mary tried to think what the angel could mean. ‘Don’t be afraid Mary, the angel told her, for you have found favor with God! You will conceive and give birth to a son, and you will name him Jesus. He will be very great and will be called the Son of the Most High. The Lord God will give him the throne of his ancestor David. And he will reign over Israel forever; his Kingdom will never end.’”

Now I’m sure Mary wasn’t waiting for an angelic encounter that day, but I love how God works in the lives of ordinary people like us. This verse not only shows that the “Son of Most High” was going to be conceived, but that salvation through Jesus is available to all of us.

Jesus, the name that means “Savior” came to seek people like me, like us.
So three years have gone by and God is still proving the validity and consistence of his words. He included me and you in his plans and his perfect will.

No comments: