Guest Devotional- Stacy Heckman

“I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. “ – Jeremiah 29:11


God is a planner. Did you ever think about that? He started with the most basic and important element of planning: time. Then went on to plan out every single incredible detail of the universe including some amazing plans for each of us.

I love this “planning trait” of God because I am a planner! I like to plan out my weekly meals at the beginning of the week. I plan events months in advance. And I start thinking about holiday crafts for my son long before the calendar says it’s fall.

So I started thinking, “How can a little advance planning help strengthen my relationship with Christ?”

It may seem strange to plan out some spirit-growing activities for yourself, but I encourage you to ask yourself some of these questions:

• What devotional will I be reading over the next few months?
• What Bible studies are available to me this fall?
• How can I challenge myself in my daily prayer life?
• Who will I reach out to over the holiday season and invite to CATB?
• How can I get more involved at CATB in order to plug-in and impact more people?

God has amazing plans for us – plans that we might not even be able to comprehend. In Ephesians 2:10 it says, “For we are God’s masterpiece. He has created us anew in Christ Jesus, so we can do the good things he planned for us long ago.”

What are God’s plans for you? What are you going to do to seek out those plans? I encourage you to pray about it and seek His plan for you. You may just be surprised!

No comments: