Guest Devotional-- Lee Preiser

This summer I have been reading a book called “A Woman and Her God” by Beth Moore and various authors. The question that came to me as I read the title was: “What does that look like for me?”

Many times we read in the Old Testament where the writer states that He is “Our God”. He has chosen us and that means He has taken the first step in this relationship; the next step is ours.

I haven’t played a lot of sports in my life but I remember as a child playing baseball in the field across from my home with all the neighbor kids and waiting to be chosen. I didn’t want to be the last one picked and I can still remember how proud I felt when my name was called and the team cheered because I was on their side.

God has called every one of us by our name to be on His team. I believe King David wrote my heart's cry in Psalm 63 when he used phrases like “my soul thirsts for you,” “earnestly will I seek you,” and “your love is better than life”.

Now I am taking that second step towards God. I know life happens and circumstances can consume our time and energy but leaving my God out of my life is not an option I want to choose.

The past 6 months I have been looking for a job and ,as some of you know, it can be very draining, especially with you are not chosen for the position. I came to the realization that it wasn’t about me having the right job skills but being where God wanted me to be so He could make a difference in someone’s life through me. I have since found that place.

Like me, are you seeking to know your God more? My challenge to you and myself is to get to know your God who has chosen you. Psalm 90:14 “Satisfy us in the morning with your unfailing love that we may sing for joy and be glad all our days.”

No comments: