Guest Devotional- Cheryl Holmes

I have been contemplating several things that I have heard in recent messages from our Pastors. One thing in particular is focusing on others rather than on me and my circumstances. Whatever situation you are in right now, you have a choice to make in how to respond. As Pastor Hal has said, you can let you situation or hurt define you or you can lean on God. Let Him carry your burden and ease your load. You are not alone-- God is waiting for you to call on Him and invite Him to help you with whatever you are facing. When I focus on others instead of my problems God can use me to meet a need in someone else’s life. When I allow Him to do that I don’t feel that my situation is so bad anymore. The more I lean on Him the less insurmountable my obstacles become. What about you? How do you handle the stress in your life? Are you leaning on God or are you trying to do it on your own?

Jeremiah 29:11-13 says this, “11 For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. 12 Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. 13 You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.

Lean on God today. Tell Him your troubles, your fears, your heartaches and ask Him to bear those burdens and carry you through.

No comments: