Adjusting Control by Connie Smith


A few months ago, I paused a moment for an
“It’s your birthday-reassessment of life." 
 I typically stop a couple times of year (New Year’s Day and on my birthday) to take a look at where I am in my life.  How is my health? How are finances? How are my relationships? 
And the list goes on...

My calendar is full of reminders.  My refrigerator is full of notes of things to do.  I have plans for my life and goals for my future.  This has been the case for my entire life…planning, organizing, and controlling.  Or, at least thinking that I really am in control.  I have to admit, after asking these questions, I was not where I wanted to be or thought I would be at this point of my life.

It was during this time of reassessment that I read from the book of Proverbs.

Commit to the Lord whatever you do and your plans will succeed.”  
 Proverbs 16:3

What a powerful verse!  All along I had been praying and asking God to help make “my” plans work for me.  Now I pray and ask God to help me make His plans for my life work and to help me see what He wants for my life.  The difference is unbelievable. 

I have adjusted my focus from my plans to HIS plans and have added the most important piece to my life…God and His plan. 

I can tell you that my schedule is still full of reminders and my refrigerator is still full of notes.  But now I have scripture posted on my refrigerator, quiet devotional time with God, and time set aside to share scripture with my husband included in my schedule. What a difference it has made in my life. 

It is OK to have plans, schedules, and to be organized, but unless you make God a part of your daily life, it will be empty and unfulfilling.

“In his heart a man plans his course, but the Lord determine his steps.” 
Proverbs 16:9

I pray that you commit your plans to God and let God determine the steps. If you do this, I can tell you from experience, that He will help you succeed beyond your wildest dreams.

In His love,
Connie

No comments: