God is Calling on Your Life, by Michele Laccabue


Wouldn’t it be nice if God “called” us up on the phone and gave clear audio instructions?  One place He offers lots of insight is in the Bible.  Some of His callings are intended for all of us.  For example, Romans 1:6 states, “You are among those who are called to belong to Jesus Christ” and Hebrews 3:1, “we share in the heavenly calling to fix our thoughts on Jesus”. 

First and foremost, God calls us to choose a personal walk with Him. When we do, He then shares with us personal, unique callings for our lives.  From the depths of our souls, we will know if He is directing us to move.  Typically, He likes to put our God-given abilities to good use or activate our hearts to love.  It’s probably something that your old self would never consider and you fear you cannot do it on your own (guess what? you’re right).  The prompting is unmistakable.  Act on it.  He wants you to grow…to try something new…to see His power in action.  Each step in following His calling (for you), brings you closer to Him, enlarges your faith, and your life story develops another chapter.

Over the years, God has called me to various challenges.  One time in particular, I remember saying, “No, that’s not for me.” He was persistent though.  He proceeded to lay out a path of people and circumstances that made it very clear that He was calling me to take this step of faith.   I surrendered and began homeschooling my sons six years ago.  Talk about going against culture and feeling “different” (not my first choice).  I won’t lie, there were rough days with bouts of questioning, but He has been faithful.  He hasn’t let me down.  He has shown me in numerous ways, WHY He called me on this path and I am very thankful.

1 Thessalonians 5:24 says, “The one who calls you is faithful and He will do it”.  

Rest in that my friends.  He is faithful.  Trust.  He WILL do it IF He called you to the task. He will not leave you hanging.  He will empower you.  Keep in mind, callings are personal (my calling may not be yours), some callings may change over time, or He may add another layer when you are ready.  Keep an eye on His plan by staying connected in your relationship with Him.

What has God called you to do recently?

“I urge you to live a life worthy of the calling you have received” Ephesians 4:1

Your sister in Christ,
Michele
mlaccabue@tampabay.rr.com

No comments: