Bold as Lions, by Alexis Albright


 Something I've struggled with for many years is fear.  It will come out of nowhere and then my brain will run wild with details…it's insane!

A few weeks ago, I was winding down for the evening with a heavy heart.  I got into bed and looked at my husband, Blaine, and began to tell him about some of the fear I had been struggling with.  At one point, I began to cry.  Blaine sat there and listened, and we had some good discussion.  But my fears would not be “discussed” away, and my husband knew that.  He committed to pray for me and my fear, and I was also going to pray.  I would pray for peace from the Holy Spirit if my fears were unfounded and I would pray for wisdom if He was trying to get my attention.  I realize that fear is something I've allowed to have a place in my life, and this could be ALL from Satan.  But I wanted clarity from the Lord.

The next morning, I decided I would study Scripture on courage.  I needed to read on how to live courageously and NOT fearfully.

Here are some of the verses that have given me strength to embrace the truth that fear is not from God- that we can live with boldness and confidence that He is God and He is in control:

Joshua 1:9 “This is my command – be strong and courageous!  Do not be afraid or discouraged.  For the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.”

Proverbs 28:1 “The wicked run away when no one is chasing them, but the godly are as bold as lions.”

1 Chronicles 28:20 “…Be strong and courageous, and do the work.  Don’t be afraid or discouraged, for the Lord God, my God, is with you.  He will not fail you or forsake you.  He will see to it that all the work related to the Temple of the Lord is finished correctly.”**  

**David was giving instructions and plans to Solomon on the construction of the Temple.  It was the Lord’s plan for Solomon to carry out this work, but even in doing good, fear and discouragement were a battle.  David gave Solomon a charge full of encouragement that entailed worshiping and serving the Lord with his whole heart.  I love that!

When fear begins to rear her head, I quickly jump to these verses I have bookmarked.  I say these out loud- I proclaim the Word of God- and I am filled with holy COURAGE!

What is it that keeps you from being all that God wants you to be?  Take the time to find some Scriptures in your Bible's concordance or look passages up online that will equip you with the Truth of the One who made you in His image.  And then hide them in your heart!

No comments: