Devotional by Connie Smith

What does it mean to believe in yourself? To believe that God has a plan for you?

Like many women, I am a wife, mother and career women. I wear many hats and sometimes forget which one to wear, or wear all at the same time. Earlier this year, after my husband returned to work after being laid off for many months, I did some reflecting, praying that God would show me a way where I could follow His will for myself and my family. Right around that time I was asked to consider an income opportunity with a company, so I decided to start a new business, while continuing to work my full time job. I listened to some training material and when I heard that I need to believe in myself and the power of scripture, I truly felt that God was leading me into this opportunity. It sounds crazy to add one more thing into my life…but I believe God has a plan for me.

While some days are awesome and things seem to be moving forward, there are also days where I keep running into road blocks. I wonder as I go through each day if God is testing me? Watching me? Waiting to see if I truly believe that He will guide me, and for me to turn control over to Him so that my actions go toward His will.

I want so desperately to do what God wants, to follow His will and to use the abilities He has given me to show His presence in my life. And of course, I want it NOW. It is a daily challenge for me to accept that God is working His plan and He will do it in His time. I believe that Satan uses these opportunities to throw self doubt…lack of belief in myself…and most of all, lack of faith in God... at me to see where I stand.

Faith and belief in God is what gets me through these times. I look to scripture to affirm God’s promise: Matthew 21:21-22 Jesus replied,

"I tell you the truth, if you have faith and do not doubt, not only can you do what was done to the fig tree, but also you can say to this mountain. ‘Go, throw yourself into the sea,’ and it will be done. If you believe, you will receive whatever you ask for in prayer."

Many days all I see are mountains in front of me, but I know that God will help move those mountains and He can do that for each of us.

Pray that God will give you the wisdom and grace needed to follow His will and timing. Believe in Him and believe in your abilities to do His will. It will be worth the wait!

No comments: