Guest Devotional - Connie Smith

In the last few years, I have made a conscious effort each morning to start the day by offering up my day to the Lord. And to be quite honest, some days are better than others. As the saying goes, my day runs smoothly until I get out of bed!

Questions, and sometimes doubts, run through my head – Am I being a good wife to my husband? Am I good role model for my children? Will my grandchildren have happy memories of me? Do people see God in me and the way I live?

When the weight of life starts closing in on me, I recite the verses that help to remind me of where to find my answers. Psalm 121:1-2 - “I lift up my eyes to the hills- where does my help come from? My help comes from the Lord, the Maker of heaven and earth.” Knowing that God is there with the answers gives me great comfort.

Every day I thank the Lord for the blessings He has given to me, for giving me another chance to be a better person and the opportunity to make a fresh start.

He does watch over us and has a plan for our lives if we turn control over to Him and let him “take the wheel” on our road in life. You can feel the relief from letting go of the worries and the uncertainties of life with the comfort in knowing someone all powerful and holy is in control.
Psalm 121:6-7 – “The Lord will keep you from all harm – He will watch over your life; the Lord will watch over your coming and going both now and forevermore.”

As we approach the holiday season, take the time to offer up your day to the Lord. You will be amazed at how well He will take care of you if you just let Him.

No comments: