Guest Devotional - Jen Allinder

Proverbs 3:5 “Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding.”

Once married, I dreamed we would continue to live in our house in Atlanta. Our kids would grow up in that area, we would attend Auburn football games each weekend like I used to as a kid, etc. Alas, God had a completely different path for our family. Jeff had a new opportunity within his company, but it required us to move to northern VA. This was in the middle of the big housing boom, to one of the highest cost of living locations in the US, 13 hours away from family/friends, and all while I was pregnant. Let’s just say that emotions ran high during those few weeks when we were going down this path. Being the control freak I am, I searched for stores, churches, and homes to ensure my comfort zone was in VA.

This time of leaning on my own understanding just made me crazy with worry, and oh the tears shed! One night, I finally prayed to God and put my complete trust in Him with this situation. I asked Him to remove obstacles in our way if this is where He wanted us to go. Amazingly, we quickly found a buyer for our house in GA, found a house in VA (decorated awful) that we got for under asking price (unheard of during the time of bidding wars), my company let me work from home, and those were just the big things.

What have you trusted God with lately? Where are you leaning on the world’s understanding or your own versus leaning on God?

Ephesians 3:20-21 says, “Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen.”

He is able to do anything! He not only has the power, He IS the power. Why not trust Him with something today and see what He does? You might just be surprised.

No comments: