When will it end? By Connie Smith

These last few weeks it seems as if Satan is definitely out to get the people I know and love. A friend’s brother is in a coma from a car accident, my sister-in-law had a stroke, another friend’s mother had a second stroke, people are getting laid off from work, a friend may lose his home ...where and when will it end?  I am saddened and my heart goes out to my family and friends as they go through these life events.  But there is also a sense of peace that comes over me when I can feel God’s grace being poured out.  I have read chapter 4 of Philippians over and over.  There are many verses that stand out and touch my heart.  Phil 4: 6 – 7 “Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.”

Families and friends are coming together to pray and support one another.  You can feel the strength that God gives those who have faith as people struggle with these life moments.  Philippians 4: 13 “I can do everything through him who gives me strength.” 
There is NO greater comfort than knowing that God will take care of us and the people we love.  He will give us the grace to get through all that life throws at us.  

Lord, for everyone who is going through a difficult time in their life right now, please let them feel the power of your grace.  Give them the strength to handle whatever lies ahead of them as they experience these life moments.   We thank you for your mercy and give you all our praise.  In Jesus name we pray,  Amen. 

No comments: