Guest Devotional - Lee Preiser

We all want to grow in our prayer lives, right? Especially when it comes to praying for our husbands or family. I’ve recently been challenged, though, in how I pray for my husband.

I am reading a book entitled The Power of a Praying Wife by Stormie Omartian. My first thought was, “Now I will get the information and help I need so I can pray that God will change my husband.” I was surprised when the author mentioned that I needed to be willing to let God change, renew, chastise, and instruct me in His way too.

I needed to remember that my husband is also a child of God’s and as such it was His job to work and change him. My joy (yes—joy!) was to pray for him in this way: “Lord, fill my husband with Your love and peace today. May there be a calmness, serenity, and sense of well-being established in him because his life is God-controlled (not wife-controlled). Enable him to walk in his house with a clean and perfect heart before You. Shine the light of Your Spirit and fill him with Your love.”

Now that is one very powerful prayer which God can honor. Remember God is not only powerful-- He is power. Pull the plug on your computer and the battery back-up only works for a short period of time. When we unplug the power of Jesus Christ from our lives by neglecting prayer, we’ll only last so long as well.

Need the power of prayer? Tap into the limitless power of God today and you will have a great day.

No comments: